Google Pixel 2XL
Random rants about my current smartphone.
It is running Android 9.0, it is pretty much a mainstream-device, not hacked (no intention of doing so as long as the warranty lasts and/or Google provides decent software updates) so there will be no hard-to-find secrets on this page.
Things I like
- Very good software updates support.
Things I don't like
- It has no card-slot
- Quite overpriced
- Some of the unneccessary apps can't be uninstalled (Google *cough* Photos *cough*)
- Somewhat slippery surface
- Android (and Android apps in general) feel like an excuse to spam people with advertisements and nag-screens. WTF? Even paid apps sometimes still show adverts or start being anoying by asking for Play-store ratings etc.
- The camera apps internal picture-preview seems to depend on some Google-crap and does not work, if most of that has been replaced by alternatives.
- Charger has an USB-C plug. So not useable with standard cables, which come with an large USB jack on one end.
- Support for transferring apps, settings and data between an old and the new phone is a bad joke. At least you only have to do it once.
Things which might have prevented me from buying the phone had I known them before
None so far.
Nice so far.